Happy September Equinox! Celebrate with our light & dark cocktails featuring our new kombucha flavours
The term equinox finds its origin in Latin with the roots aequus meaning “Equal” and nox meaning “Night.” During an equinox, the centre of the Sun is directly above the Earth’s Equator. This phenomena occurs twice every year, usually around the 20th March and 23rd September, and is regarded as the start of the Spring […]
The term equinox finds its origin in Latin with the roots aequus meaning “Equal” and nox meaning “Night.”
During an equinox, the centre of the Sun is directly above the Earth’s Equator.
This phenomena occurs twice every year, usually around the 20th March and 23rd September, and is regarded as the start of the Spring & Autumn seasons. An equinox gives the world a sense of balance as on the day of an equinox, daytime and nighttime are of approximately equal duration all over the planet.
At Equinox Kombucha, our mission is simple and balanced. We aim to produce delicious drinks, finding the equilibrium between what makes you feel good, what tastes good and what’s good for the planet.
To celebrate the September Equinox, we’ve created two fun cocktails for you to enjoy: a light one to represent the day, and a dark one to represent the night!
Recipes by Mairi Rivers AKA Ginger Vegan
Peach and Thyme Bourbon
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1 tbsp agave syrup
2 sprigs fresh thyme
Peach and Turmeric Kombucha
- Cut the peach into slices and put 1/4 of the peach into a cocktail shaker, reserving the other slices
- Add the thyme, agave, lemon juice and bourbon to the shaker and muddle
together until the peach is pulp.
- Strain into a glass filled with ice and top up with Peach and
- Add a slice or two of peach to the glass and top with a sprig of thyme.
Coffee Hazelnut Cocktail
100ml Espresso Coffee Kombucha
Handful of hazelnuts
- Stir the Frangelico, Tequila and Espresso Coffee Kombucha together.
- Blitz the hazelnuts in a food processor until finely ground, reserving a few whole ones to add to
- Empty the ground hazelnuts out onto a plate.
- Dip your finger in the Frangelico and rub around the rim of a tumbler.
- Dip the rim of the glass into
the ground hazelnuts so that the rim is coated.
- Fill the glass with ice and pour the cocktail over. Add a few hazelnuts to the glass to garnish.