Kombucha Face Cream
Our Frankincense & Kombucha recipe...
Kombucha is naturally P.H balanced and jam-packed full of anti-oxidants, amino acids, vitamins and enzymes, thought to be as good for your skin and hair as they are for your gut health.
We’ll be publishing more natural kombucha-based cosmetics recipes in the future, so here’s a little teaser: A gorgeous Kombucha and Frankincense Face Cream which is very easy to make. If you try this at home, please do let us know your thoughts!
You will need:
- ½ cup Shea butter
- 3 tablespoons carrier oil (olive oil and coconut oil are easiest to find, but you can also use almond, apricot, avocado or jojoba oil, which all work well).
- 1/4 bottle Equinox Kombucha Original*
- 20 drops of Frankincense essential oil
- 10 drops of Tea tree oil (optional)
*Available to purchase from our online store.
- Put the Shea butter in a pan on a low heat. When it’s melted, add the carrier oil of your choice, then remove from the heat.
- Add the kombucha to this mixture and pour into a bowl. Place in the freezer for about 15 minutes (the mixture should be solid, but not frozen stiff).
- Add the Frankincense oil, which is the magic ingredient – an amazing essential oil which boosts cellular health, revitalises the skin and smoothes the appearance of wrinkles. You can add Tea tree here too if you have any skin problems. It’s a natural antiseptic and generally an all-round amazing natural remedy for all kinds of skin problems: rashes, pimples, infections, bites and burns, psoriasis and warts, amongst many other things (Tea Tree is great for itchy scalp and athletes foot, too).
- Whisk the mixture until it is light and fluffy. Store what’s left in the refrigerator (it will last for around 3 months, but you’ll probably have finish it all before then!)