Kombucha Face Cream
Our Frankincense & Kombucha recipe...
Kombucha is naturally P.H balanced and thought to be as good for your skin and hair as they are for your gut health.
We’ll be publishing more natural kombucha-based cosmetics recipes in the future, so here’s a little teaser: A gorgeous Kombucha and Frankincense Face Cream which is very easy to make. If you try this at home, please do let us know your thoughts!
You will need:
- ½ cup Shea butter
- 3 tablespoons carrier oil (olive oil and coconut oil are easiest to find, but you can also use almond, apricot, avocado or jojoba oil, which all work well).
- 1/4 bottle Equinox Kombucha Original*
- 20 drops of Frankincense essential oil
- 10 drops of Tea tree oil (optional)
*Available to purchase from our online store.
- Put the Shea butter in a pan on a low heat. When it’s melted, add the carrier oil of your choice, then remove from the heat.
- Add the kombucha to this mixture and pour into a bowl. Place in the freezer for about 15 minutes (the mixture should be solid, but not frozen stiff).
- Add the Frankincense oil, which is the magic ingredient – an amazing essential oil which boosts cellular health, revitalises the skin and smoothes the appearance of wrinkles. You can add Tea tree here too if you have any skin problems. It’s a natural antiseptic and generally an all-round amazing natural remedy for all kinds of skin problems: rashes, pimples, infections, bites and burns, psoriasis and warts, amongst many other things (Tea Tree is great for itchy scalp and athletes foot, too).
- Whisk the mixture until it is light and fluffy. Store what’s left in the refrigerator (it will last for around 3 months, but you’ll probably have finish it all before then!)