Caramelised Spiced Ginger Peaches with French Toast
Arriving just in time for a fun twist on the classic Pancake Day recipe, this tasty French Toast has an Equinox inspired flourish with the addition of Spiced Ginger Peaches cooked using our Ginger Kombucha. Food stylist and blogger Catherine Okorududu, known by her online community as Pretty Delicious Eats, has created a recipe easy […]
For the Spiced Ginger Peaches:
- Canned peaches- 3 x
- Equinox Ginger Kombucha- 275ml
- Fresh Ginger – 1 x Tablespoon chopped
- Cinnamon stick – 1 x
- Sugar – 4 x tablespoons
For the French Toast:
- Sourdough or brioche bread x 2 slices
- Eggs x 1
- Milk – x 40ml
- Cinnamon powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Nutmeg- 1/2 teaspoon
- Sugar – 1 x teaspoon
- Vanilla extract – 1 x tablespoon
- Butter – 1 x tablespoon
- Vegetable oil – 1 x tablespoon
- Add your peaches, 2 x tablespoons of sugar, Equinox Ginger Kombucha, fresh ginger and cinnamon to a small saucepan. Bring to the boil for 5 minutes, then drain the peaches.
- Preheat a small frying pan and set to a very low heat, add 2 x tablespoons of sugar. Once the sugar melts and turns a golden caramel colour add your peaches, flat side down, to the pan. Leave them to caramelise for 4-7 minutes.
- Preheat a large frying pan and set to a medium heat. Add the egg, milk, cinnamon, nutmeg, sugar & vanilla extract to a wide bowl. Add your butter and oil into the frying pan. Dip your sliced bread into the egg mixture, place into the pan and cook on each side for a few minutes until golden.
- Serve with the caramelised peaches and a scoop of vanilla ice cream and enjoy!
Get your hands on our delicious Ginger Kombucha here.