Food Pairings – Tofu and Red Pepper Patties with Ginger Kombucha and Miso Sauce
Perfectly paired with the fragrant tastes of Asian food.
Recipe by Mairi Rivers AKA The Ginger Vegan.
We have teamed up each of our flavours with a cuisine, and found that our delicious Ginger Kombucha is perfectly paired with the fragrant tastes of Asian food. We love this mouth watering Tofu Pepper Patties recipe using our Ginger Kombucha to compliment the miso sauce and give your Autumn that extra gut healing boost!
Makes about 12 patties
For the patties:
- 3 red peppers
- 550-600g extra firm tofu
- 20g fresh ginger
- 1 tsp lemongrass paste
- 50g gram flour
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- Black and white sesame seeds for coating
- Vegetable oil for frying
1. First roast the peppers in the oven set to 200C for about 20 minutes or until the skins are beginning to blacken.
Leave to cool for 10 minutes then remove the skins, stalk and seeds and pat dry with kitchen towels.
2. Put the roast peppers into a food processor along with the tofu, ginger, lemongrass, gram flour and soy sauce. Whizz until well combined.
3. Pour some sesame seeds onto a small plate. Take a scoop of the tofu mixture, form into a small patty and coat in the sesame seeds.
Shallow fry in vegetable oil in a frying pan in batches until golden on both sides. Once you have fried one batch place them on an oven tray and keep warm in the oven at 170C while you fry the rest.
For the Kombucha Miso sauce:
- 100mls Equinox Ginger Kombucha
- 2 tsp white miso
- 2 1/2 tbsp mirin
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1/2- 1 tsp corn flour – if you prefer a thicker sauce then use 1 tsp.
Mix the miso with the mirin to thin it then add the corn flour, followed by the other ingredients.
Transfer to a small pan and heat until simmering. Simmer for about 30 seconds and then transfer to a serving bowl.
Serve the patties with the dipping sauce as a starter or add a vegetable stir fry for a main course.