Ginger Kombucha and Coconut Kale with Turmeric Quinoa
This meal is so simple and so nutritious!
Recipe by Ceri lloyd
This meal is so simple and so nutritious! Packed with protein, high in fibre and great for the gut. It’s the perfect dish to enjoy post work out. It takes no more than half an hour to prepare and will keep you satisfied for the whole day. If you’re preparing it in the evening, it’s light, refreshing and you’re getting a high dose of antioxidants before bed, thanks to the special ingredient, Equinox Ginger Kombucha!
Ingredients for the Turmeric Quinoa:
- 1 tbsp of coconut oil
- 1 onion
- 2 tbsp of fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup of quinoa
- 1 tsp of turmeric powder
- 2 cups of vegetable stock
Ingredients for the Ginger Equinox Kombucha and Coconut Kale:
- 2 cups of tightly packed kale
- 1 tbsp of coconut oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup of ginger Equinox Kombucha
- 3/4 cup of coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp of sea salt
- Toppings (optional)
- 1/4 cup of chopped almonds
- 1/4 cup of coconut flakes
Method for the turmeric quinoa:
- Place the coconut oil in a saucepan and heat on a low temperature, allowing it to melt.
- Chop the onion and ginger in to small pieces. Place the onion in the saucepan with the coconut oil first, cooking on a medium heat for around 5 minutes before adding the fresh ginger and cooking for a further 5 minutes.
- Next, add the quinoa and turmeric to the saucepan, mixing them in with the onion and ginger before pouring the vegetable stock on top. Stir the mixture once again and cook on a medium heat for around 20-25 minutes, until the quinoa has softened and absorbed most, if not all, of the stock.
Method for the Equinox Ginger Kombucha and Coconut Kale:
- Wash the kale and leave it to one side.
- Place the coconut oil in a separate saucepan to the quinoa, allowing the coconut oil to melt on a low heat.
- Chop the garlic and place it in the saucepan. Sauté the garlic for around 5 minutes on a medium heat.
- Turning the heat down a little, place the kale in the saucepan with the garlic and add the Equinox Ginger Kombucha, letting the kale soak in the liquid for around five minutes until the kale softens.
- Next add the coconut milk and cook for a further 5-10 minutes, allowing the kale to soak up the flavour of both the Equinox Ginger Kombucha and coconut milk.
- Next, use a sieve to drain the kale, placing it on top of the turmeric quinoa
- If you’re adding the toppings then pulse the almonds in a food processor with a little sea salt, be careful not to chop them too finely, before sprinkling the almonds and coconut flakes on top of the kale and quinoa and enjoy!
Did you try this recipe? Tag us on social media! #equinoxkombucha